lørdag den 23. august 2014

MTB kind of riding, lots of wonderful children + muslim market ladies

Decided not to ride my bike yesterday - too little food to make the engine going - the little I get tend to run out right away.. Well it can only get better.. Today the issue was still there but no more patience for not being part of the cycling - so off I went on a super rewarding ride swallowing an Immodium.. Had my little "crisis" now and then but not any worse than I forgot all about it when the riding got challenging with kind of a MTB stretch - wonderful narrow forest "road" - with lots of stones and uneven passages - full concentration a must! Highly enjoyable.. Had a tee with lots of sugar just before we came back to normal road - that saved my energy level.
 Another thing that makes the riding very pleasant is the friendliness of everybody. The children first of all - they just smile, wave and shout hallo gentleman. Often the first that sees me/us shout out "westerner" in local language - and everybody come out to say hallo..
 Today I arrived to a larger rural town before 2pm - the hotel is like being in a Hemingway movie - 100% genuine colonial architecture - all wood with just the right shutters. Great atmosphere that seems to please everybody.
 Dressed in my long kaftan from Penang I took a stroll through the market. Felt extremely welcome - there nearly ended up being a competition between the market ladies to have a photo taken by me. They are all muslim and wear their hi jabs  - but incredibly friendly and laughing - wonderful!

No photos today - too week connection..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar