onsdag den 29. oktober 2014

Everyday in Australia..

We are here for 2 months - so there is an everyday - although we are on holiday.. Up at 4.30, on the bike at 6 - in camp between 10 pm and 2 am - that  has been our everyday rhythm for the last 4 days since our rest day in Kathrine.. After 93 to 169 k's of riding we have been at typical outback camps: good bars with beer and food, hot, dry campgrounds, peacocks, cooling swimming pools and excellent dinners by our TDA chef Jon.
 I have (temporarily) given up on the camping: too uncomfortable and hot - I need my sleep to cope with my cycling - that's it! Take cabins that are clean, have fridge, AC and wc+shower.
 The cycling has been good: often did the peloton in the morning reaching good speed (up to an average of 26 k's per hour). Generally I speed down a bit after lunch where it gets hotter and I am not so fresh anymore.. But an overall good feeling to bike at the Stewart Highway. The road trains pull to the right and have not been annoying us so far. Although the landscape is generally flat there are some crests that give a panoramic view of what's in front of us - and give us the chance to go faster (there are small climbs also - of course). The trees are turning into bush - the desert is approaching. We see large birds and kangaroos (most of them already killed in traffic). Have done EFI (every fucking inch) here in Australia - so far. My health is good and my mood as well - now I perform as I planned on doing..
 After tomorrow there is a rest day in Tennant Creek - then 4 more riding days - and we arrive in Alice Springs with 3 consecutive rest days. Nearly everybody has planned a tour to see Ayer's Rock - Ursula has organized it for us all - that's great!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar