torsdag den 16. oktober 2014

Getting nostalgic about this beautiful country and it's people..

Today we had a 108 k 1500 m something climb ride. Time to make stops not only for the cokes - but for the people, landscapes and beauty of this fantastic place.. West Timor holds a lot of what we already saw along our long route through Sumatra, Java, Bali, Lombok, Subawa and Flores - and something quite different and special for this place. Out in the country the people seem more "tribal".. that means that they live in thatched huts and have a more "primitive" appearance.. The women look as if they wear a bright red lipstick - but it is just because the chew the ? root. But again, super friendly - and today I felt really well on my bike so I just gave them all the big smile and wave with my arm - which as always pays back hundredfolds. Hallo, good morning, good afternoon, goodbye - I like to get this shout or response from them all.. It really makes me happy!
 Came to the town of Soe after 1.30 pm - hungry as I cannot get down the white bread for lunch anymore. But went to my room to shower, wash and do my stretching - have a small issue with my back since I did a wrong movement yesterday - but I know that my back is strong and it will only get better by being used.. Now I sit at a little restaurant next to the reception - had a noodle soup, a beer (big Bintang) and some banana chips - all good.. Tomorrow we only have a 85 k's ride - will stop even more and enjoy the moment of still being here in Timor - but just for short..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar