torsdag den 23. oktober 2014

I love Australia..

Back to civilisation - and the internet is totally unreliable - and expensive.. So bought access - but just for short.. Can tell that Australia is wonderful.. Spent 2 great days in Darwin - shopping, getting groomed - and last but not least: EATING! And finally my belly problems are over - isn't it incredible - had problems for at least 75% of the time in Indonesia. Will probably never go back there - except for Bali - I really love that island. Not to say that I did not love the rest - but just too many problems..
 We are now at our second campsite - did the first camping after a 108 k's ride yesterday. A beautiful camp with a  chilling swimming pool and fantastic surroundings. Small kangaroos (wallabies), a peacock and a 5 meter crocodile in the river just next to camp.



We were told not to go there - ok, we did not.. Tried our own cook, Jon's first meal yesterday - VERY good - more than promising. And the breakfast with porridge,  müsli and fresh fruits was just as I want it. The camping I will hopefully learn to love - so far I can put my tent up and down without any problems. Bought a little lamp for the ceiling - and an electric fan - just fine. But still sweating and lying uncomfortably on my little inflatable madras - really have to adjust..

Took a little cabin for tonight - my bag was full of ants when I unpacked it - so nice to have a room and a bathroom. Also for charging my electrical devices.. Did a 130 k's ride today ending up quite hot and with a pretty strong headwind - which fortunately cooled down a bit. Started the day with a 60 k's detour away from the Stewart Highway. Nice rolling hills - and untouched nature - beautiful! Gerald saw a dingo family.. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar