torsdag den 4. september 2014

Back to hard work

Well the beach day turned out to be wonderful.. First we had a very lazy lunch followed by a siesta at some benches under the shade of palm trees. Great to lie on one's back looking up in the crown of a coconut palm tree - just hope that the nuts will not fall down.. Took my shoes and socks off and went in the water - enjoyed the massage of the sand going in and out by the surf of the water.. And the view of the ocean.. After an only 10 k's ride we came to our destination - also just by the sea. Went for a long stroll by the sea with my feet in the water in the afternoon. There were some fishermen out in the water using small fishing nets that they kind of threw out. It was just wonderful to be there. Did not swim as I had left my swimsuit in the room.
 Yesterday the lazy time was over. A 140 k ride with 1550 m climb. And it was a VERY steep climb. I used my mountain bike technique and habit to stay on the bike no matter what - but John that I rode together with at that point got off the bike to walk - nearly as fast as I could ride. Well I survived and was applaused in when I arrived to our camp kind of accommodation - we stayed at a surfer's place - quite charming small huts just at the beach..
 Today another tough day: 150 k and 1900 m climb. We were asked not to ride girls alone through the national park just after lunch. We were just girls there so a good excuse to make the driver take us the first 15 km going up. That distance was then cut off the day's length - but it still ended up being super tough. At about 1.30 pm the last climb of the day bringing us more or less all the way to our destination started. About 7 k's from the top I was sweating like I do not know what and slightly irritated and overtired (no more saying happily hello to all children as I do in the morning). The van stood there with Christiano's sweet smile suggesting that I go in. I did it - could not resist - so my day ended at a distance of 127. And I felt pretty warn out..
 Two more days to go in the Sumatra section - the day after tomorrow we will have our first ride and stay in Java..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar