onsdag den 17. september 2014

Under pressure..

There has been a couple of tough days where I put all my strength and energy into the riding. I have been enjoying it because I love the challenge of difficult surfaces and climbs. BUT it is killing me.. Yesterday after lunch I did not feel like riding - but forced myself with the result that I had to go in the van after approx. 95 k's. It passed me and I gave my thumb's down. After 20 min.'s drive I asked the driver to stop - went out to throw up - damn it - bad again. Went directly to my room after arriving and did not attend the rider' s meeting. Apparently there has been some kind of protest from the riders. Actually only 6 of us completed the ride yesterday - ending with a steep climb. People ask why Christiano, our tour leader, always choose the very challenging routes. The answer is that the alternative is a traffic inferno on the normal roads. Well, not easy. And we know that things are not going to change for quite a while. Rest of Java: just mountains, Bali have mountains and last but not least Flores is supposed to have up to 3.000 m vertical climbs..
 I have decided to enjoy my 4 days rest here in Yogyakarta - I took a taxa here this morning to give myself a time out from the whole thing. Less that 200 km took more that 5 hours - just to give an impression of the conditions.. Am at a nice hotel with a wonderful garden - have my own terrace facing a charming little swimming pool - and plan to go sightseeing tomorrow! Have been googling hotels in Bali - but hope to get the energy to keep on biking..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar