torsdag den 18. september 2014

Mileage status after more than half of the Indonesia section..

Here I am - hanging around at the hotel in Yogyakarta. Should have gone with the major part of the group to the famous Borobudur temple today - a 5-6 hours trip starting at 5 pm this morning - but had another bad night and decided that relaxing is all what I can do just at the moment. Sitting at my little terrace I have made some calculation and found out that of more than 3000 k's overall I have just done approx. 2250 k's - which is not satisfactory - but I have not been able to do any better..
Random bicycle by the street side..
 At least I did a little tourist thing yesterday - went to the sultan's palace here in town - thanks to Gerald from France who just arrived (I know him from the Bamboo Road bike trip last year) and Bob from Vancouver that practically came and got me out of bed to go there at 10 am.
Getting guarded by the special guards at the sultan's palace.. Today they are just there because of decoration our guide told us..
In the afternoon I had a little stroll in a touristy part of town in the neighborhood of our hotel - and was tempted by several bakeries and western inspired restaurants. Just had some fruit juice, ice-cream and pastry (!!) - and went out with the guys for dinner where I did not eat much. But still enough to keep my stomach running during the night.. I am getting fed up! Keep on googling hotels in Bali - any suggestions?? Well, of course my priority number one is to stay with the group - but sitting in the van not being able to ride is just the worst.. Still tomorrow to recover and feel better - just cross my fingers!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar