lørdag den 20. september 2014

Left back..

Eric, Joackim and Henry, the sweep, last riders out of hotel this morning..
Left alone at the hotel in Yogakarta after having sent off the group in the direction of Solo, another important city in central Java. Already two days ago I decided to realize my plan to try to build up myself health wise and have a longer time out from the riding. I did not go on a scale but my bet would be 3 kilos less. I do not want to go further down and considering my continuous problems eating just the normal amount an extra consumption of more than 4000 calories a day (normal when riding 110+ k's) will eat even more of my substance. 
 So Bali here I come. Go to the hospital this morning to get the results from my tests from when I went there the other day. Later I booked body scrub and massage. This afternoon I get hold of a plane ticket. And probably book one of the Lonely Planet's nice places with spa an yoga in Ubud, the artistic and cultural center of Bali lying in the middle of the island. Already imagine me at a nice balcony overlooking rice paddies, drinking fresh fruit juice, eating and swimming.. 
 Went to see the impressive Brorobudur temple yesterday. We arrived before everybody else at 6 am so we really could enjoy the wonderful place in tranquility.. This temple is more than 1000 years old, has been covered by vulcano ashes several times and was finally solidly renovated and reopened as a UNESCO world heritage site in the beginnig of the 1990es.
A special sarong is obligatory when visiting the Brorobudur temple. Our friendly and competent guide to the left.. After him Sterling, Brett, Shirly, Dan and John.
 Yesterday I also managed to get 3 meals at my new favorite french owned restaurant: Mediterrano lying just 10 min.'s walk from our hotel. Today I will be back there.. They have the most perfect menu - would even go there if it was lying i Copenhagen or St. Anton. We went there a whole bunch from the group last night and everybody seemed to agree that it was the best meal of the whole trip. Sorry for being so focused on food - but you probably understand why..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar