lørdag den 1. november 2014

Enjoying a rainy day..

The unexpected happened - I woke up in the night hearing rain and thunder - nice to be in my cosy cabin.. It was not a heavy rain - and the people in tents were not bothered by it.. But luckily it continued after we started cycling (already at 5. 50 am) - just a pleasant soft rain - and cloudy skies.. It was not cold - just like one of the better danish summer days - may be 20-24 degrees - which is very unusual in an area where temperatures reach up in the forties all the time.. So I easily could get a speed around 30 going out on my own.. Later there again came up a peloton - which always is a nice change - and efficient for keeping up speed.
Riding the peloton: Joe, Matthew, Jacqueline and Per..

Fyi..
After 106 k's we reached the so called "Devil's Marbles" - some sculptural big stones - quite beautiful..
Feel small at the "Devil's Marbles"

Rode 116 k's altogether and arrived at camp before noon - and put my tent up!! So giving tenting a try again.. I am all set
 with my fully inflated mattress covered by my soft lined sleeping bag - all fine - hopefully.. We are at a very nice road house at Wauchope - swimming pool, good music, food and cider - just perfect! Tomorrow we have the race.. I signed in with an average speed of 25,5 - if I end up doing that I will get a price: maybe a night in a room. Also by coming in first I of course will win - but even though we have the handicap system I do not expect to. I just participate to have fun. Unfortunately many people take this too serious - only 12 out of 38 entered the race - a shame.. 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar