torsdag den 13. november 2014

Longest day on my bike..

Another desert camp announced - 126 k's - all right. But in the middle of fucking nowhere - no shade but under a little roof - to trees - and just shit and paper from that.. It was hot, there was another 53 to go - but easy decision! Toothbrush and a couple of other things from my bag on the bike - and on we went to Marly's Roadhouse. Spent a great evening: swimming pool, shower, nap and the big grill plate followed by chocolate pie + ice-cream - not to forget reasonable amounts of red wine - wonderful. We had to officially sign out of the TDA trip to do this - but no big deal - just rejoined at lunch next day at 9.30 - and had a sleep in - not to forget!
 Short day yesterday - all ok - another camp night in my tent. And another "wake up" without sleep - do I ever lean it?? Super tough day today. Tired, headwind, up to 49,5 degrees heat - why do I do it? Was really "finito" at lunch - but my ambition to do EFI in Australia and the solid support from my peloton group (see South Australia picture on FB) made me continue.. And I did it: 157 k's where the riding after lunch actually was not as bad as I expected: tailwind and some nice descents going into one of Australia's most important opal mining towns: Coober Pedy. A burning hot desert town where even the churches are under ground as the heat just is unbearable. Opted for a wonderful room/suite that among other things holds it's own washing machine - can you beat that? I ENJOY the comfort big time - what a contrast to the tenting!
 Will go and buy an opal tomorrow - it's the stone of my star sign: scorpion - so I just have to have one!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar