søndag den 30. november 2014

Tough going towards Melbourne - still EFI Australia..

Now at a charming beach side resort: Port Fairy - reminds me of Skagen or other nice beach holiday towns: very neat and tidy and a normal population of 2.500 that grows to 10.000 when the summer season is at it's highest.. Beautiful beach and quite some surfers out although the summer just officially starts here in Australia tomorrow on the 1st of December.
 Had some tough riding days since last and got my first kind of real low (dizzy and no energy) here on the bike yesterday when there was only 15 kilometers left of the 133 k's day'
Me, Jacquline and Cathrine - from left.. Charles and Dina to the right. Taken by Hanns (Cathrine's husband) yesterday.
s distance. I think it was my blood sugar that went down after too little coke and energy drink. I tend to forget to drink this stuff now that it is kind of cold during most of the day. Anyway I ate an energy bar and got to camp on my bike (would hate to give up my EFI that I still hold in Australia)..
 We just finished 5 riding days with altogether 651 k's of strong headwind almost every fucking inch of it! It IS extremely exhausting! But I enjoy riding especially with Catherine and Jacqueline - a strong girls group that just keeps on struggling with lips totally burned off by the wind and eyes running most the time.
 I had a fantastic massage this morning and pampered myself with a facial afterwards - well deserved - I think..
 Tomorrow the Great Ocean Road will start for us. We have a bloc of 2 riding days - 91+96 k's - and we will arrive at Apollo Bay just another 2 days from Melbourne. In Melbourne some of us will meet Janice Simpson, a rider from the Bamboo last year that lives there. One of the evenings there we are all invited to a party that the founder of "Lonely Planet", Tony Wheeler, is throwing for us at his private house. He is a friend of Henry Gold.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar